Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Harvesting Hope

Hope produces confidence, safety and security. Hope is the expectation of salvation, deliverance, restoration and healing.

I Timothy 1:1 "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope"

The Apostle Paul not only acknowledges Christ as our Savior, and our Lord but also our Hope.  The word Hope as it is found in the third chapter of Joel verse 16 literately means "a place of repair".

The Prophet Isaiah says  that God is " ...the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in..." The Lord longs to repair the breaches in our life and heal the breaches in our soul. The God kind of Hope actually restores and gives back the losses in our lives.

False hope is hope that is based on human promise, pride and power. Human hope always disappoints unable to deliver and keep its promises. Read the following account of the God kind of Hope in the middle of  hopeless circumstances found in Lamentations 3:13-24;

 "He has caused the arrows of His quiver to pierce my loins. I have become the ridicule of all my people--Their taunting song all the day. He has filled me with bitterness, He has make me drink wormwood. He has also broken my teeth with gravel, and covered me with ashes. You have moved my soul far from peace; I have forgotten prosperity.

And I said, My strength and my hope Have perished from the Lord.


Remember my affliction and roaming, The wormwood and gall. My soul still remembers and sinks within me.


But this I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassion's fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.


The Lord is my portion says my soul,  Therefore I hope in Him!"

No comments: