Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jesus Lays Down His Life

The Bible does not say that Jesus bled to death or that He was killed. Rather, Jesus died on the cross of His own free will. He willingly laid down His life. He said:

"...I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father" John 10:17,18

Christ's blood, which was shed on the cross, had in it his very life. The blood which was shed on the altar by an animal sacrifice under the old covenant was only able to atone for or cover our sins. The blood of Christ was able to do much more. His blood was not only to cover our sins, but His blood was able to completely remit or put away our sins as though they had never been.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls;for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."
Leviticus 17:11

Therefore, when the Bible says that through His blood we have redemption, it is saying that through His death, we have life.

Worthy is the Lamb to receive Glory, Honor , Power and Dominion !

No comments: