Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Restoration "In the Beginning"

I have been thinking allot lately about the subject of loss and restoration some of it prompted from personal experience and also with people that are in my life that I care about as well as what our nation is currently going through.

In the book of Genesis Chapters 1 -3 we read the account of how God created man is His won image-male and female. Man enjoyed the image of God and the intimacy of God with unbroken fellowship. When man decided to take his life into his own hands, he broke covenant with God. Fear and deception of God's provision for for them opened the door for this doubt to be conceived by Eve. (Gen. 3:1-7) But God's restoration work began immediately , helping the now self-conscious man trying to cover his nakedness and shame. God provided restorative clothing by blood sacrifice from animals which typified the Great Sacrifice of the Lamb of God to restore us the Father.

The Restoration of Intimacy with God must first begin with our thoughts!! Our thoughts about the one we love creates Images in our minds that sustains, nurtures and causes us to persevere in our relationships.

Jeremiah 29:11 We read "I know the thoughts I think toward you..." Thoughts create images and images provoke our worship and intimacy in relationships. God's thoughts of us are for "a future and a hope". God our Father is thinking of your future right now!

I Chronicles 28:9 " As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you;but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever"

Isaiah 55:8,9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

In future posts I would like to discuss more on this crucial subject.

My Prayer "Father I pray that my thoughts would be of a loyal heart and a willing mind and that I would rest in the fact that your thoughts toward me are for peace not evil to give me a future and hope according to Jeremiah 29:11."

No comments: