Saturday, March 14, 2009

For Those Asking "Why?"

"......in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth." Exodus 9:16

I have chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. I have chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. I have chosen the base things of the world, and things which are despised to bring to nought things that are--so that no flesh should glory in My presence.

This is why I have chosen you that I might do supernatural things in your life--things which will bring glory to Me.

This is why I have chosen you-- that I might work miracles in your life, bringing glory to My name.

This is why I have raised you up--that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.

In all this, I, and I alone, shall be glorified.

You shall not glory in your pedigree,
in your education,
in your resources,
in your position,
in your achievements,
in your accomplishments.

I, the Lord, will be exalted in My day, and that which man has done will be as nothing. That which I have done will fill the earth.

Know this:
I have raised you up. I am using you. And I will continue to use you. I will do many more things in your life than I am doing now.

I am pleased with your desires--your consecration--your willingness. I rejoice in using you because you are not heaping the glory to yourself, but glorifying My name.

Never forget:
I alone shall receive the praise.
No flesh shall glory in My presence.

But Know this also:
I will reward you,
because you were the channel of blessing.

"......and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day."
Isaiah 2:11

Taken from, He Spoke, and I was strengthened by Dick Mills

No comments: