Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fear Not

" Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed , for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

Isaiah 40:10



Fear can be a big stopper for many of us: fear of fragility, fear of failure, fear of making a mistake, fear of what other might think, even fear of success. Fear can result in a second-guessing of our next action or word until we talk ourselves out of participating in life.

Fear says "I have failed before", "I can't do it good enough", "Look what happened last time". Sometimes fear disguises itself as SHAME !! Shame is a mindset that creeps into our thinking that basically says "I'm not good enough" !!

Relax and trust in God. Fear not! Our best is good enough for Him. Feel the fear, then let it go and give it to Him. Jump in and do it-whatever it is. If our path with God has led us there, it's where we need to be and He is there with us.

Fear Not the Lord has you in His Hand !!


No comments: